Thursday, May 13, 2010

The one where Lulu proves I should have stressed geography more...

So I talked to my sister, Hildi on Tuesday. I video called her. Which is still a new toy to me. I like being able to see her when we talk, and I like being able to see my nieces, and I LOVE that it's free. But it's very limiting. Usually during our chats I do laundry, clean up the kitchen, make the bed, and other household chores. With the video calling I'm trapped at my computer. Time will tell if I deem it worth it. But she happened to mention that our cousin had a FaceBook page and she had friended him. I was excited because our cousin in currently at a NATO base in Norway and I haven't seen him in a year and a half. So I looked him up and friend requested him. And then I looked at his photo albums. Apparently he'd gone on a trip to Lithuania at some point and holy hell the photos were amazing. So at lunch, I mentioned it to the kids~

Me: I'm cousin Alex's friend on FaceBook now.

Lu: Well aren't you special!

Me: I am, thanks. He has the coolest photos! Of Lithuania of all places. I totally want to go there now.

Lu: You're making quite a list of future travel destinations.

Me: I know right?! I would never have thought that Lithuania was so pretty but it really is.

Lu: Well of course it is.

Sean: Lu, do you even know where Lithuania is? You know, on a map?

Lu: Of course I do.

Sean: Where?

Lu: It's over there with all those other "anias".

Sean: What other "anias"?

Lu: um...

Me: Albania or Transylvania.

Lu: Right! And they're probably like the sister country of Pennsylvania.

Sean: Um. You do know that Transylvania is not actually a country. It's a province in Romania. Right?

Me: Um. Sure I knew that. *thinks: how the hell does he know this stuff??*

Lu: See I know.

Sean: And where are the "anias" located?

Lu: *crickets chirping*

Me: *whispering in her ear* Say Eastern Europe.

Lu: Eastern Europe.

Sean: *sighs and shakes his head* You're sad Lu, very sad.

Lu: Whatever. So why is it called Pennsylvania?

At least she's pretty!

As an update on Sean's levitation/hover craft/device, he was explaining it to his Dad later the other night and of course Hubby was asking pertinent questions and it all sounded like blah blah blah to me. Interspersed with "air intake system" and "reverse thrusters". But listening to the two of them, I got the idea that it might be a wholly possible concept. What does one where to the Nobel Prize ceremony??!

Happy Thursday,
♥Spot

12 comments:

  1. LOL I love silly conversations. They're what makes the world go 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!!

    The hover craft stuff would be blah blah blah to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Sean I'll be happy to lend him my flux capacitor. Not that he'll have any idea what a flux capacitor is. They make them in the Anias, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the invisible Hovercraft after overtaking Slovakia he can start with Pennsyl and take over all the Anias too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With all the other anias...hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wish you would adopt me as like crazy aunti Dani or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to say Sean could take over all the 'anias' too, but someone already did....

    Stole the words right out of my head....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Video calling? Oh no -- not something else I have to learn. I'll just play like I never heard of it.

    Lithuania would seem to be a dark and dreary country....it just sounds that way. In need to stop making abrupt judgments. If you say it is pretty -- it is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, I love your kids...give Lu a hug. I just read this to my hubby and he's hysterical...I am the not-so-good-at-geography person in this house, so they constantly get a laugh out of me. I think Lu must be the daughter I never had! Thanks for sharing these delightfully entertaining converstions with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I am a travel agent and I *still* struggle. It's saaaad!

    *crickets chirping* LOVE that part!

    My daughter's dad is half Lithuanian. No kidding! Sydney's last name is Lithuanian - Strumila.
    Now her AUNT thought they were Italian for a long time. HA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dee~ well said! They are the best!

    WW~ I know right?! Your Tommy is headed this way!

    Elly Lou~ He totally knows what a flux capacitor is! It needs 1.21 gigawatts! Lol.

    Jimmy~ an "ania" dictator. Oh my!

    UnA~ exactly!

    Dani~ consider yourself adopted. When can you move?

    Noel~ you just know more "anias" equals more money. Who doesn't want a rich husband?? Lol.

    Jerry~ that's what I always thought. But the pictures are fabulous!

    Suzi~ Haha. I will give poor Lu your hug.

    Angelia~ wow. What a small world. Bet Syd knows where Lithuania is! One more reason for her to marry Sean...

    ♥Spot

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! Lu sounds like me when I try anything map related. I swear I couldn't navigate my way out of a paper bag :P

    ReplyDelete