Saturday, June 4, 2011

The one where I catch you guys up...

Catch you up on what's been going on around here lately. Its not really much but of course there are a few ridiculous conversations to throw out there. We've had a lot going on in the last couple of weeks- CJ's graduation (which was awesome). I cried when they showed the slide show. I can't believe they grow up so fast. Of course my Mom and Lu were crying in the row behind me as well. We took CJ out to eat after. We also had him home this week for a while and got to do some swimming and other things he loves.



My Graduate


We also had the first of Lu's baby showers. This one was a Sleepover/Shower for the younger crowd. Luke's mom brought his sister from Iowa so she stayed too (and us old ladies slept in beds not on the living room floor!). It was a huge success. She got some nice things, we had too much food and everyone made her a customized onesie using fabric paints. There were some talented artists among this group!



Lu and her future in-laws


Plus I'm trying to squeeze work in there! This week we have Lu's dr. appt, a bachlorette party, rehearsal dinner & wedding of friends. There are still two more baby showers for Lu and the rest of the house to paint. I think things might settle down come September. At least I'm hoping!

Now for ridiculousness~

Me: I'm submitting a couple of poems to this press. Want to hear my favorite"

Sean: *huge sigh* I suppose...

Me: *reading the poem to him*

Sean: Wait just a minute! That poem doesn't rhyme!

Me: Real poetry doesn't have to rhyme Sean. I taught you that in English.

Sean: I don't like poems that don't rhyme. Look at "One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish". That's a classic! Know why? Because it rhymes!

Me: Um. Again. Poems don't have to rhyme.

Sean: That's where you're wrong. Its a state law in Illinois that poems have to rhyme. Violation of that law is a federal offense.

Me: If its a state law, how can it be a federal offense?!

Sean: It just is! And the punishment is beheading. *whips out his sword he bought on Ebay and begins chasing me through the house* (no worries, the blade is not sharp)

Me: *running* That's it!! No more "Law & Order" marathons for you! Or "Tudors"! No one gets beheaded anymore!

I haven't heard back about the poems. I hope they didn't want them to rhyme...

Have a great weekend,
♥Spot

7 comments:

  1. I'm amazed that you had the patience and perseverance to write a poem with all the stuff you have going on. I can understand the desire for rhyming poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love reading your family escapades. It makes me feel like we're not quite so crazy! LOL Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love reading your family escapades. It makes me feel like we're not quite so crazy! LOL Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love that pic of CJ !!!
    (and Lu and the baby bump too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the graduate. Jeez, was it really 16 years ago when I graduated? Nah, not possible...

    PS: Glad you weren't beheaded!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jerry~ I didn't. It was a poem I'd written years ago. I just took it out, dusted it off and spruced it up a bit. Rhyming is good sometimes.

    Peg~ I'm not sure we're the best measure of sane...

    Brite~ Thanks. I do have beautiful kids...I'm only slightly biased.

    Claudia~ I'm not even saying how long ago I graduated. But it was more than 16 years. Yes, I'm most happy to still be in possession of my head!

    ♥Spot

    ReplyDelete
  7. *snort*

    You guys never fail to make me laugh.

    Sooo happy for CJ ... such a handsome young man. Your kids are gorgeous! (but then you knew that already)

    ReplyDelete