Saturday, July 25, 2009

A new day...

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...a beautiful day..." um. yeah. I don't remember the rest of the song. It was from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. Remember that show? That Mr. Rogers, now he was a cheerful guy. And he wore a sweater and keds. Hmmm. I loved that show when I was a kid. I don't know why that song popped into my head as I sat here looking out the window. I don't even live in a neighborhood. I live way out in the country. Closest neighbors are 1/4 mile away and well, to put it nicely, they're a little weird. The guy has a tendency to run around in his underwear...and let me just say- it ain't pretty. And they are not set back from the road like us. They are right on the gravel road. So every time I drive by and he's outside I chant to myself "please have pants on, please have pants on". No lie. Also, their horses get out from time to time, so you are quite likely to round the corner and come to a complete stop because there's a horse in the middle of the road. And you thought deer were bad. Haha. So then I feel honor bound to go knock on the door and let them know the horse is out. Which means occasionally I get to see Mr. No Pants and his gun. NO! Not that gun. A real gun. Yes indeed. At night, he opens the door in his underwear and holding his shotgun. Fun stuff that. You'd think he could look outside, recognize me or my car and realize I'm not a home invader. And if not put on pants, at least set down the gun. But no. Fun times. Fun times.

So I guess the song popped into my head because the mood of the day is "hopeful". I had a pre-op appointment with my doctor yesterday and it set my mind somewhat at ease. She doesn't think the mass is cancer. Of course this is the same lady who asked me if i wanted to do an ultrasound or let it go for a couple of months. So maybe I'm not going to trust her gut instincts. But the ct scan was clearish and my blood work looked good. So if it is cancer, it looks like it hasn't spread. Which ups my chances of survival ALOT. Good news indeed. So really there's nothing left to do but wait the two weeks for the surgery and pathology results. So I've opted to shove it all to the back of my mind. Yes indeed, i can be the queen of denial.

Well I'm off to visit my parents today. My hubby and I are taking a much needed break and going to the big city to visit my folks. I don't know how great of a break it will be unless he leaves his cell phone at home, which I doubt. I begin to wonder how the council ran without him. And sometimes it seems that his commitment to his work far outweighs his commitment to his family. I can't count how many times I've made plans for us only to have something crop up at the last minute and he can't go. But then he gets hurt that I always make plans without him. Hmmm...
Hope everyone else can join in this spurt of optimism I'm enjoying. The weather is not too hot, the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing...

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor. Would you be mine, could you be mine? Won't you be my neighbor?" Or something like that.

♥Spot

No comments:

Post a Comment