Saturday, August 8, 2009

Home again. Home again. Jiggety jig.

Remember that nursery rhyme? No matter. I've just been remembering nursery rhymes lately. My son and I were rearranging them in the car. Into "slightly stoned" nursery rhymes. No. Neither of us smokes pot. We just know people who do and found the game slightly amusing. Helped pass those eight long hours of drive time. =] The trip went well. I'm so glad my children can drive now. And my daughter has made that trip with me so many times that she has it down. I can slide into the backseat and catch a few hours of shut eye while she takes the wheel. My son declined to drive, he really isn't a big fan of driving, but he's a good passenger. Keeps up a lively conversation to ensure the drivers wakefulness.

All in all it was a good trip. Any time I get to spend with my sister is good. Our closeness was a long time coming. We were close as children, since there were only the two of us, and we moved so frequently that sometimes we were each others only friend. But after I left home when she was only ten, it kind of got rocky. I wasn't there for her formative years and it seemed that the family closed ranks, with me on the outside looking in. After that, we were always at such different points in our lives, it was hard to find common ground. It's only been the last 4 or 5 years I'd call us close again, with the last 2 really cementing the bond. And I adore her girls. Not that they don't have their faults, whose kids don't? But on the whole, she's raising wonderful, loving children. And I like my kids being able to interact with their cousins. We always had a whole gang of cousins we were lucky enough to spend time with nearly every summer.

Mostly, I didn't think about my surgery too much. Except that the cyst has decided to give me pain. Now, nervous as I am about surgery...I'm welcoming it. I just want this invader gone so i can get back to my life. I hate having to cancel plans because of pain. It makes me feel like a weenie.

I enjoyed the time with my kids. My daughter and I resolved most of our issues and are once again back to being friends. It will be sad when she leaves, but I think I've got a better handle on it now. I really am excited for her to start this new adventure with her life. And thankful that she's starting it with such a great guy. And my son, well I'm busy trying to teach him to be a thoughtful boyfriend. And definitely enjoying his company. I love the young man he's becoming.

And am very excitedly looking ahead to the end of this month. August 28th to be exact. The road trip, the week in south carolina, the ocean. I can't believe we managed to get it all together. My parents, my sister and her family, my hubby and son and daughter are all heading to myrtle beach for a week. We rented a penthouse condo on the beach. We've been there twice before and I can't wait to show them around. Plus I just love the ocean. The photo in my heading is one I took myself in myrtle beach last year. Just watching it makes me happy. It renews my spirit in a way nothing else does. And I think I'm in need of some renewal.

I hope you all had a pleasant week...
♥Spot

No comments:

Post a Comment